Skip to main content

WHISPER ISLAND

 



SYNOPSIS


Six of us are going to the island. Only one of us will make it back.

That one of us will be me.

For friends Riley, Sam, Mia and Scarlett, their trip to Whisper Island was meant to be a once in a lifetime adventure – just four young women, with everything to live for…

But as soon as they arrive things start to go wrong.  First there is the unexpected arrival of Sammy’s drug addict brother and his girlfriend Opal – why are they here? 

And then the deaths begin. 

As the dream trip quickly turns into a nightmare, suspicion is high.  Are they really alone on the island?  Or is there a killer hiding in the shadows? 

And as each of the girls reveals a dark secret of their own, perhaps the truth is the killer is closer than they think…just a whisper away.


Title: Whisper Island

Author: Carissa Ann Lynch

Publisher: One More Chapter

Publication date: February 5, 2021



REVIEW


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐💫


"Watch me"


Riley, Mia, Sammy and Scarlett are four art students and best friends, who decide to take one last trip together before the beginning of their adult lives, to concentrate on their art and create something great together. But their destination is anything but idyllic. A small island off the Alaskan coast will be their home for the next three months, but soon after their arrival strange things start to happen and when one of them is found dead the real nightmare begins. Is someone else on the island going after them? After all, all of them are hiding some secrets they'd prefer to keep buried.


This was PURE ENTERTAINMENT! An isolated island? A group of people getting killed one by one? Ring any bells? As you might well know (cause I've repeated it thousands of times) my favorite book ever is "And then there were none", so this book had all the elements needed for me to love it.


With super short chapters and six different POVs, the action keeps moving forward at a nice pace and the "one more chapter and I go to sleep" proves very difficult to achieve. While this structure helped the plot, it also made a bit difficult to get any real development in any of the characters.


While I was expecting some kind of crazy twist towards the end, there was not, and although I bet on one of them as the villain from the start, the motivation was not revealed almost till the end, so it was enjoyable all the same.


Quick and super fun read that will make you feel as in the middle of a slasher movie.


Thanks to NetGalley and One More Chapter for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IN LOCKDOWN

SYNOPSIS Do you believe in love before first sight? Lockdown is putting Sophia’s life on pause – just as she planned to put herself out there and meet someone. When the first clap for the keyworkers rings out around her courtyard, she’s moved to tears for all kinds of reasons. Jack is used to living life to the fullest. He’s going stir-crazy after just days isolating. Until the night he hears a woman crying from the balcony under his. He strikes up a conversation with the stranger and puts a smile on her face. Soon their balcony meetings are the highlight of Jack and Sophia’s days. But even as they grow closer together, they’re always kept apart. Can they fall in love during a lockdown? Title: Love in lockdown Author: Chloe James Publisher: Avon Books UK Publication date: November 23, 2020 REVIEW RATING:   ⭐⭐⭐⭐ When I first heard about this book I thought "Uh, uh, no way I'm reading this. Too soon. Who would want to read a book about the lockdown when the second one is waving ...

HELLO, IT’S ME!

  I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to read... MY BRAND NEW BLOG! (Look at me plagiarazing   drawing inspiration from Adele for my very first entry).                                                               She approves! So, if you're here reading this...THANK YOU for tuning in! For those who don't know me my name is Javier and after more than a year writing reviews on sites as Goodreads and NetGalley I decided to create my own blog to share my love of books with the world. When I first started writing reviews I was not able to put two sentences together, but as I kept writing I realized I had lots to say about the books I read. Rest assured my reviews will always be honest (no problems here telling when I don't like something) and spoiler free (I hate spoilers!). My personal preferences are:...

MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020

  It's that wonderful time of the year when everyone does their lists of the best (insert here the kind of entertainment you want) of the year, and I couldn't be less.  This year I broke my own record with 250 books read (thanks, lockdown!) and there're still two and a half weeks left, so it was hard to pick just ten. I've had lots of amazing reads, and even though some of these didn't get 5 ⭐  from me, they still managed to surprise me, shock me or most important thing, entertain me. So, without farther ado, here are (in no particular order) my Top Ten books of 2020: 1. ONE BY ONE - Ruth Ware 2. GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL - Aimee Molloy 3. GIRL GONE MAD - Avery Bishop 4. THE NIGHT SWIM - Megan Goldin 5. EUDORA HONEYSETT IS QUITE WELL, THANK YOU - Annie Lyons 6. DEAR EMMIE BLUE - Lia Louis 7. PLAYING NICE - JP Delaney 8. THE LION'S DEN - Katherine St. John 9. THE LAST FLIGHT - Julie Clark 10. SHE HAS A BROKEN THING WHERE HER HEART SHOULD BE - J.D. Barker And although n...