Skip to main content

JUST DATE AND SEE



SYNOPSIS

Billie is looking forward to a quiet, man-free Christmas. It’s just a shame her family doesn't feel the same way.

With a house full of unexpected (and unwanted) guests, Billie needs to find the perfect escape to get away from the chaos.

So when her dating app recommends a week of singles nights in her area, Billie decides that braving these events has to be better than making conversation with her dad’s new wife, dealing with her mum's mid-life crisis or witnessing her sister flirting with her insufferably arrogant next-door neighbour.

While this is definitely not the festive season she had planned, between disco bowling and boozy bingo, little does Billie know that finding love this Christmas may not be so bad after all.


Title: Just date and see
Author: Portia MacIntosh
Publisher: Boldwood Books
Publication date: September 24, 2022




Portia MacIntosh is the bestselling author of over 20 romantic comedy novels. From disastrous dates to destination weddings, Portia’s romcoms are the perfect way to escape from day to day life, visiting sunny beaches in the summer and snowy villages at Christmas time. Whether it’s southern Italy or the Yorkshire coast, Portia’s stories are the holiday you’re craving, conveniently packed in between the pages.

Formerly a journalist, Portia has left the city, swapping the music biz for the moors, to live the (not so) quiet life with her husband and her dog in Yorkshire.



Social Media Links



Purchase Link



REVIEW


RATING: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

After reading eleven of her books it’s not a secret how much I love Portia MacIntosh’s stories, and with Just Date And See she may have outdone herself! I just adored every single thing about it! A rom-com, relying heavily on the -com, set during Christmas? What’s not to love? It was just the perfect Santa’s early present.

Billie is looking forward to a quiet, man-free Christmas, but her family have other plans for her. With her house full of unwanted guests she will look for an escape in the form of a series of singles nights events sponsored by a dating app. These events will make her Christmas everything but quiet, and her resolve to have a man-free holidays will prove a hard one to achieve.

I fell in love with everything about this book. From the plot, full of hilarious, laugh out loud situations, to the characters, and I mean every single one of them, cause even the jerks turned out to be adorable! Must be a Christmas miracle!

Billie was such a lovable and relatable character. I could see myself completely reflected in her wish for some alone, quiet time being thwarted by everyone else, although I’m not sure I would have been so generous. All the characters were really well developed and had some depth, and the chemistry between all of them was fantastic. And Billie and Rocco? Their chemistry was off the charts! They were so cute together! The witty banter was there from the first pages and made of this such a fun read.

The events Billie goes to made the perfect setting for the comedy to shine. From the Scone Wars to the Eiffel Tower party (yes, my mind went there immediately), there were so many cute and hilarious moments you’ll wish Billie won’t stop going to them.

I loved how the romance was not the typical back and forth, he loves me/he loves me not, will they/won’t they kind of story, but just a beautiful friendship that evolved organically. Yes, there was a small hiccup I did not see coming at all that ensued some funny moments as well, but you’ll have to read it to find out about it.

With her trademark engaging and humorous style, Portia MacIntosh delivers a brilliant and sweet Christmas story full of charming characters, perfect for the holiday season (and the un-holidays season too) so READ IT!

Thanks to NetGalley and Boldwood Books for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review and to Rachel’s Random Resources for my spot on the Blog Tour.








 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IN LOCKDOWN

SYNOPSIS Do you believe in love before first sight? Lockdown is putting Sophia’s life on pause – just as she planned to put herself out there and meet someone. When the first clap for the keyworkers rings out around her courtyard, she’s moved to tears for all kinds of reasons. Jack is used to living life to the fullest. He’s going stir-crazy after just days isolating. Until the night he hears a woman crying from the balcony under his. He strikes up a conversation with the stranger and puts a smile on her face. Soon their balcony meetings are the highlight of Jack and Sophia’s days. But even as they grow closer together, they’re always kept apart. Can they fall in love during a lockdown? Title: Love in lockdown Author: Chloe James Publisher: Avon Books UK Publication date: November 23, 2020 REVIEW RATING:   ⭐⭐⭐⭐ When I first heard about this book I thought "Uh, uh, no way I'm reading this. Too soon. Who would want to read a book about the lockdown when the second one is waving ...

HELLO, IT’S ME!

  I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to read... MY BRAND NEW BLOG! (Look at me plagiarazing   drawing inspiration from Adele for my very first entry).                                                               She approves! So, if you're here reading this...THANK YOU for tuning in! For those who don't know me my name is Javier and after more than a year writing reviews on sites as Goodreads and NetGalley I decided to create my own blog to share my love of books with the world. When I first started writing reviews I was not able to put two sentences together, but as I kept writing I realized I had lots to say about the books I read. Rest assured my reviews will always be honest (no problems here telling when I don't like something) and spoiler free (I hate spoilers!). My personal preferences are:...

MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020

  It's that wonderful time of the year when everyone does their lists of the best (insert here the kind of entertainment you want) of the year, and I couldn't be less.  This year I broke my own record with 250 books read (thanks, lockdown!) and there're still two and a half weeks left, so it was hard to pick just ten. I've had lots of amazing reads, and even though some of these didn't get 5 ⭐  from me, they still managed to surprise me, shock me or most important thing, entertain me. So, without farther ado, here are (in no particular order) my Top Ten books of 2020: 1. ONE BY ONE - Ruth Ware 2. GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL - Aimee Molloy 3. GIRL GONE MAD - Avery Bishop 4. THE NIGHT SWIM - Megan Goldin 5. EUDORA HONEYSETT IS QUITE WELL, THANK YOU - Annie Lyons 6. DEAR EMMIE BLUE - Lia Louis 7. PLAYING NICE - JP Delaney 8. THE LION'S DEN - Katherine St. John 9. THE LAST FLIGHT - Julie Clark 10. SHE HAS A BROKEN THING WHERE HER HEART SHOULD BE - J.D. Barker And although n...