Skip to main content

RED, WHITE & ROYAL BLUE

 



SYNOPSIS


What happens when America's First Son falls in love with the Prince of Wales?

When his mother became President, Alex Claremont-Diaz was promptly cast as the American equivalent of a young royal. Handsome, charismatic, genius―his image is pure millennial-marketing gold for the White House. There's only one problem: Alex has a beef with the actual prince, Henry, across the pond. And when the tabloids get hold of a photo involving an Alex-Henry altercation, U.S./British relations take a turn for the worse.

Heads of family, state, and other handlers devise a plan for damage control: staging a truce between the two rivals. What at first begins as a fake, Instragramable friendship grows deeper, and more dangerous, than either Alex or Henry could have imagined. Soon Alex finds himself hurtling into a secret romance with a surprisingly unstuffy Henry that could derail the campaign and upend two nations and begs the question: Can love save the world after all? Where do we find the courage, and the power, to be the people we are meant to be? And how can we learn to let our true colors shine through?


Title: Red, white & royal blue
Author: Casey McQuiston
Publisher: St.Martin's Griffin
Publication date: May 14, 2019

REVIEW

RATING: ⭐⭐

🚨Unpopular Opinion 🚨 

I didn't like this book. Period. Please, don't hate me. I could blame it on being overhyped, but it could not be that cause previously to starting it after several friends recommended it when I asked for LGBTQIA stories I had never even read the synopsis.

I was expecting a cute romance and found a way too long novel about way too many issues, with politics playing such a big part. This alone made the story drag on for ages! I did not want to read about an election, I wanted to read about two guys falling in love overcoming all the obstacles their very public positions involved, but there were so many other things around that the romance kinda got lost for me. I also think it would have helped if we had seen Henry's perspective in some chapters. Some parts of the romance felt a bit forced and some others quite unbelievable (yes, even more unbelievable that the whole premise!).

I started listening to the audiobook version but had to change to the digital one halfway through, first, because I didn't seem to move forward at all, and second, because I really didn't like Henry's voice. The narrator's British accent seemed to come and go and some times instead of a 20 yo guy he sounded like a 70 yo man with a stick up his ass.

Although I didn't connect with it I can understand why so many people loved it. I loved the LGBTQIA representation, it made me laugh at some moments (the power point presentation 😂) and got me all teary some others, so it was not all bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN ESCAPE TO REMEMBER

  SYNOPSIS When Louise surprises her boyfriend by returning early from a work trip, safe to say she wasn’t expecting to see him in flagrante delicto with another woman. Heart-torn and vowing to stay away from men, when Louise’s next project involves restoring an ageing hotel in Italy, she leaps at the chance to get away. Managed by a crew of sextagenarians, the Grand Hotel del Monferrato needs all the love and care Louise can give it. But it’s hard to stay focused on the job when her thoughts keep straying to Vito, the reclusive and mysterious owner of the hotel. With his tragic past and her no-romance policy, Louise knows they can’t have a future. Yet something keeps pulling the two together. Title: An escape to remember Author: T.A. Williams Publisher: Canelo Publication date: March 24, 2022 I’m a man. And a pretty old man as well. I did languages at university a long time ago and then lived and worked in France and Switzerland before going to Italy for seven years as a teacher o...

TERROR DE ESTADO

SINOPSIS Terror de Estado sigue la trayectoria de una secretaria de Estado novel que se incorpora a la administración de su rival, un presidente que llega al poder tras un mandato que relegó a Estados Unidos a un segundo plano en el tablero internacional. Cuando una serie de ataques terroristas dinamita el orden establecido, esta mujer será la encargada de aglutinar al equipo que descifre aquella conspiración letal, un plan calculado al milímetro para sacar provecho de un gobierno estadounidense débil y desconectado de la realidad. Título: Terror de estado Autor: Hillary Rodham Clinton & Louise Penny Editorial: Salamanca Fecha de publicación: 4 Noviembre 2021 RESEÑA VALORACIÓN: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Gracias a Salamandra por el envío del ejemplar. Nunca había leído nada de Louise Penny ni de Hillary Clinton, y el thriller politico no es de ni de lejos unos de mis géneros habituales, pero “Terror de Estado” llamó mi atención desde que leí la sinopsis por primera vez, y tenía mucha curiosidad por ver...

A ROYAL MURDER

  SYNOPSIS At the royal boat race there are beautiful barges, plenty of bunting, a handsome prince and… is that a body in the water? Lady Swift is on the case! Spring, 1923. One-time adventurer and now amateur sleuth Lady Eleanor Swift is attending the annual royal regatta with her new pal Tipsy Fitzroy. Tipsy has Eleanor trussed up like a debutante in a new dress, determined to turn her into a proper society lady. Even Eleanor’s favourite companion, Gladstone the bulldog, has a new outfit for the occasion. But the sparkling prize-giving ceremony is interrupted when the devilishly handsome host gulps his glass of champagne on stage and collapses to the floor. The victim is none other than the king’s cousin, Lord Xander Taylor-Howard. He was rumoured to be entangled in a rather dubious gambling ring, but did someone kill him instead of collecting his debt? Or was this simply an ill-timed tragic accident? Either way, a right royal scandal is afoot… Sir Percival, the head of the royal...