Skip to main content

KILL OR DIE

 



SYNOPSIS

For disgraced MI5 agent Michael Kensington, the events of the past year have exploded his life like a fist closing around a grenade.

For serial killer and career assassin Neva, they brutally exposed how hers had so irrevocably imploded.

She ran. He didn’t. But he refuses to give up on her.

With a power vacuum gaping at the heart of the conglomerate that almost silenced them and a deadly web of rogue operatives spinning out of control, they soon realise the fight for freedom has only just begun.



Title: Kill or Die
Author: Samantha Lee Howe
Series: House of Killers #2
Publisher: One More Chapter
Publication date: May 29, 2021


REVIEW

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Kill or die is the second book in the House of Killers trilogy and a good follow-up.

Sometimes you can jump straight into the middle of a series and easily catch up on what’s going on but in this instance is imperative to read book one before you give this one a go (it was really good too so why wouldn’t you read it first?!).

The action takes off several months after the events at the end of House of Killers with a scene on a plane that made me tense from the very beginning.

The alternating chapters between Michael, Neva and several other secondary characters made of this a pretty dynamic read. Action never stopped and several different subplots kept appearing until they all converged in a pretty explosive ending. Those last few chapters had me holding my breath!

While both main characters are interesting I have a soft spot for Neva (the same way I have a soft spot for Villanelle in Killing Eve. Don’t know what that says about me rooting for assassins!).

If you’re into spy thrillers with well drawn characters and an action packed plot where you won’t be able to catch your breath from start to finish this series is the one for you.

Last part of the trilogy will be published next July and I’ll be first in line to find out how Michael and Neva’s story ends. Don’t know why but I suspect there will have many surprises in store.

Thanks to NetGalley and One More Chapter for providing and eARC in exchange for an honest review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IN LOCKDOWN

SYNOPSIS Do you believe in love before first sight? Lockdown is putting Sophia’s life on pause – just as she planned to put herself out there and meet someone. When the first clap for the keyworkers rings out around her courtyard, she’s moved to tears for all kinds of reasons. Jack is used to living life to the fullest. He’s going stir-crazy after just days isolating. Until the night he hears a woman crying from the balcony under his. He strikes up a conversation with the stranger and puts a smile on her face. Soon their balcony meetings are the highlight of Jack and Sophia’s days. But even as they grow closer together, they’re always kept apart. Can they fall in love during a lockdown? Title: Love in lockdown Author: Chloe James Publisher: Avon Books UK Publication date: November 23, 2020 REVIEW RATING:   ⭐⭐⭐⭐ When I first heard about this book I thought "Uh, uh, no way I'm reading this. Too soon. Who would want to read a book about the lockdown when the second one is waving ...

HELLO, IT’S ME!

  I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to read... MY BRAND NEW BLOG! (Look at me plagiarazing   drawing inspiration from Adele for my very first entry).                                                               She approves! So, if you're here reading this...THANK YOU for tuning in! For those who don't know me my name is Javier and after more than a year writing reviews on sites as Goodreads and NetGalley I decided to create my own blog to share my love of books with the world. When I first started writing reviews I was not able to put two sentences together, but as I kept writing I realized I had lots to say about the books I read. Rest assured my reviews will always be honest (no problems here telling when I don't like something) and spoiler free (I hate spoilers!). My personal preferences are:...

MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020

  It's that wonderful time of the year when everyone does their lists of the best (insert here the kind of entertainment you want) of the year, and I couldn't be less.  This year I broke my own record with 250 books read (thanks, lockdown!) and there're still two and a half weeks left, so it was hard to pick just ten. I've had lots of amazing reads, and even though some of these didn't get 5 ⭐  from me, they still managed to surprise me, shock me or most important thing, entertain me. So, without farther ado, here are (in no particular order) my Top Ten books of 2020: 1. ONE BY ONE - Ruth Ware 2. GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL - Aimee Molloy 3. GIRL GONE MAD - Avery Bishop 4. THE NIGHT SWIM - Megan Goldin 5. EUDORA HONEYSETT IS QUITE WELL, THANK YOU - Annie Lyons 6. DEAR EMMIE BLUE - Lia Louis 7. PLAYING NICE - JP Delaney 8. THE LION'S DEN - Katherine St. John 9. THE LAST FLIGHT - Julie Clark 10. SHE HAS A BROKEN THING WHERE HER HEART SHOULD BE - J.D. Barker And although n...