Skip to main content

ON A NIGHT LIKE THIS



SYNOPSIS

Within days of wishing she could change her life, Fran Cooper is acting assistant to a celebrity, on a yacht in the Mediterranean, and en route to a tiny Italian island and the glittering Crystal Ball, along with the world’s rich and famous.

When she – quite literally – bumps into a handsome American called Evan, a man able to keep his cool in the face of chaos, the magic really begins.

Evan makes her a promise: no last names, no life stories, just one unforgettable night. Yet Evan belongs at the Crystal Ball and Fran is a gatecrasher. They may be soulmates, but their homes are an ocean apart, and their lives a world apart. They’ll never meet again – unless, on a night like this, everything can change forever.


Title: On a night like this
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Publisher: Harper Collins
Publication date: November 11, 2021


REVIEW

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

It’s been a while since I enjoyed a rom-com so much! On a night like this was absolutely perfect from start to finish and this contemporary version of Cinderella was a delightful read.

When Francesca accepts a mysterious job as a PA to a celebrity her life will turn upside down in a matter of days, and after a magical night at the Crystal Ball she will be forever changed.

Fran was such a nice character. She was smart, down to earth, funny (I actually laughed out loud with several of her remarks) and way too caring with others that usually don’t deserve it (I hated Stew’s guts!). During her stint as a PA to international singer Juliette, she experienced a journey of self realization and personal growth that was truly relatable. How many times have we all been stucked in a situation/job/relationship just for convenience and fear of taking a leap?

Although Juliette’s character had her moments, I liked her from the start as she was a clear case of someone alone even when surrounded by dozens. I loved how her relationship with Fran evolved.

The Crystal Ball was quite something! And what to say about Evan! OMG! I fell in love with him too. I loved his outlook on life and his jigsaw puzzle theory.

Although it may look this is just a romance story, it is much more. It is a story about relationships, but also about  friendships, second chances and taking notice of what you really want from life and going for it. It deals with all these themes in a really uplifting way, helped by a fantastic cast of characters.

Sweet and funny story that will make for the perfect seasonal read. If you’re in the mood for a modern fairy tale, On a night like this is your book.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins UK for providing an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE IN LOCKDOWN

SYNOPSIS Do you believe in love before first sight? Lockdown is putting Sophia’s life on pause – just as she planned to put herself out there and meet someone. When the first clap for the keyworkers rings out around her courtyard, she’s moved to tears for all kinds of reasons. Jack is used to living life to the fullest. He’s going stir-crazy after just days isolating. Until the night he hears a woman crying from the balcony under his. He strikes up a conversation with the stranger and puts a smile on her face. Soon their balcony meetings are the highlight of Jack and Sophia’s days. But even as they grow closer together, they’re always kept apart. Can they fall in love during a lockdown? Title: Love in lockdown Author: Chloe James Publisher: Avon Books UK Publication date: November 23, 2020 REVIEW RATING:   ⭐⭐⭐⭐ When I first heard about this book I thought "Uh, uh, no way I'm reading this. Too soon. Who would want to read a book about the lockdown when the second one is waving ...

HELLO, IT’S ME!

  I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to read... MY BRAND NEW BLOG! (Look at me plagiarazing   drawing inspiration from Adele for my very first entry).                                                               She approves! So, if you're here reading this...THANK YOU for tuning in! For those who don't know me my name is Javier and after more than a year writing reviews on sites as Goodreads and NetGalley I decided to create my own blog to share my love of books with the world. When I first started writing reviews I was not able to put two sentences together, but as I kept writing I realized I had lots to say about the books I read. Rest assured my reviews will always be honest (no problems here telling when I don't like something) and spoiler free (I hate spoilers!). My personal preferences are:...

MY TOP TEN BOOKS OF 2020

  It's that wonderful time of the year when everyone does their lists of the best (insert here the kind of entertainment you want) of the year, and I couldn't be less.  This year I broke my own record with 250 books read (thanks, lockdown!) and there're still two and a half weeks left, so it was hard to pick just ten. I've had lots of amazing reads, and even though some of these didn't get 5 ⭐  from me, they still managed to surprise me, shock me or most important thing, entertain me. So, without farther ado, here are (in no particular order) my Top Ten books of 2020: 1. ONE BY ONE - Ruth Ware 2. GOODNIGHT BEAUTIFUL - Aimee Molloy 3. GIRL GONE MAD - Avery Bishop 4. THE NIGHT SWIM - Megan Goldin 5. EUDORA HONEYSETT IS QUITE WELL, THANK YOU - Annie Lyons 6. DEAR EMMIE BLUE - Lia Louis 7. PLAYING NICE - JP Delaney 8. THE LION'S DEN - Katherine St. John 9. THE LAST FLIGHT - Julie Clark 10. SHE HAS A BROKEN THING WHERE HER HEART SHOULD BE - J.D. Barker And although n...